Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ahhh, The Kids are in Bed

Man, ever since Tyler left for Iraq my life has been one big blur. The kids are growing up before my eyes. Time is flying by. I remember before Nolan was born how I would sit and wonder in fear about how I would go to the grocery store with a two year old and a new born. Or how I would ever have time for myself. I'll tell you what though, it's easier than I could have ever imagined.

I make it a point to wake up AT LEAST an hour before either of the boys wake up. That way I can grab a shower, drink my coffee, and catch up on the news. By the time Nolan wakes up, I'm clean, caffeinated, and caught up. I fix him a bottle and cuddle with him before Ryder wakes up. I love those little moments when the house is quiet and we get one on one time with each other. Once big brother wakes up I am constantly going, going, going. He wants breakfast. And chocolate milk. And for me to play with him. Sometimes I can't wait until naptime. I put both kids down in their rooms and let out a sigh of relief. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids dearly, but I also enjoy a break every now and then. And normally this is the time that Tyler gets on Skype and we can talk in peace. (The kids get to Skype him regularly too. I'm not a "Daddy hog")

I am lucky if I get an hour of peace before one of them wakes up. But not too much longer and it's bedtime. I hook the computer up to the stereo, play some Pandora radio, and get my house clean. I like to wake up to a clean house even though I know it gets trashed within a few hours. (Thanks boys!!!) If we are planning on having cinnamon rolls the next morning this is when I make the dough. I also do laundry. TONS of laundry.

Once all of my chores are finished I get to relax. I drink coffee all day long. I'm seriously addicted. I get horrible headaches if I don't drink it. And so to wind down at night, I like to enjoy a small glass of wine. Well Moscato d'Asti to be exact. Doesn't matter which brand, though I do prefer the one in the blue bottle. Sometimes I catch up with friends, read a book, or take a nice long bubble bath. But most of the time, I sit on couch curled up in a blanket and watch movies.

I can not wait until Tyler is home and he can enjoy this quiet time with me. (And to watch the kids so I can go sit at Starbucks!!!) Love you honey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment