Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What do you get?

When you combine a heavy dose of butter, sugar, chocolate, and a sprinkling of walnuts?





The most delicious English toffee in the entire world. Crunchy, sweet, salty goodness. Whenever this is made, my house is filled with the most delectable, sweet butter scent.






When I was still in highschool I had the pleasure of working in a small confectionery close to my home. I was the owner/chocolatier's assistant. Doing everything from mopping the floor and washing the dishes to creating new flavors. Her most popular item was her toffee. I would make about four batches every day and go home smelling like bliss. It was a great time in life. I loved helping her out and gaining knowledge of the chocolate world. And taking home the toffee that wasn't sold in time was always a plus too. ;)



I never learned her recipe as we always just used prebagged ingredients. Sometimes I wish I could find the sweet owner just to taste that toffee again. She tought me a lot and was one of my dearest friends at the time. While my toffee is different (and better in my opinion) I still want to remember all of those times we spent laughing in the kitchen. I only hope that my children will eat my toffee in years to come and remember the fun times we have in our kitchen creating it and other things.






I'm working on getting the Etsy shop back open and you can bet this will be the first thing listed. It's a definite crowd pleaser and my go to gift for just about everyone. And bringing a big platter full of toffee to an army BBQ is a huge ego boost. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment