Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sweet Quilt for Sweet Skylar

Living in Hawaii your friends become your family. My best friend used to be my next door neighbor. We used to do everything together. Our kids are best friends. Our husbands do the man thing at the grill together. We do the wine thing (when we were both "unpregnant"). And after Tyler deployed and came back we got "issued" a new house. They became pregnant and wanted to move closer to the beach. Now we live 30 minutes away from each other and try to find time to get together as often as possible.



Anywho, catch the part about her being pregnant? Well shes having another little girl. Her oldest is by far the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I can only imagine what little Skylar is going to be like. Sweet I'm sure. Hence the name, Sweet Quilt for Sweet Skylar. It's what I've been calling it as I've oodled over it and loved on it while piecing and quilting and binding. That quilt has love all over it. Hopefully she will love it just as much as I have in just a few weeks!!


I used a jelly roll of the pink Lily & Will II from Bunny Hill Designs. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted someone to have a baby just so I could make something with it. The quilt pattern was adapted from Moda Bake Shop. I quilted it using straight lines every inch or so. I just love the fussy cut Middle block with all of the little bunnies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment