Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

October Sewing Projects

I'm working on two quilts, a few new kitchen towels, and kid aprons!




One quilt is a carryover from last year. It's a quilt for my boys and Halloween featuring Riley Blake's Boo to You. I bought an entire fat quarter of the line last year when it came out and fell in love! Ryder had the best time pointing out different characters. It's finally coming together and almost ready to be quilted. The boys are excited as am I.

The other quilt is another Riley Blake quilt. This one uses the new fall line, Decadence. Its beautiful. The browns, oranges, yellows, greens, and whites. I love it. The pears take the cake for me though. It reminds me of a mainland/ Hawaii mixed Autumn. The great colors of the trees and other foliage in the states and the green I see now in Hawaii. The white is helping to make it bright, which I love!! I plan on entering this one into the Celebrate Color competition over at Stitched in Color for the month of October so I'm working on this one around the clock. It could quite possibly be my most favorite quilt design yet. Stay tuned!

For the kitchen towels, I want to try a few different fabrics. I want something really soft and absorbent. These could work out great and become my go-to Christmas gift for the distant family and friends. I am planning on using my scraps of Riley Blake's Decadence line for my fall kitchen towels and getting some custom printed fabric of my logo for the business.




I'll post more about the kid aprons on a later date. They are too cute!




Photo Credits: Fabric.com and FatQuarterShop.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment